Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A bit different than the recipes currently posted. Very sweet, rich dessert that is super easy to make.
- Mix cake mix per directions.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels with the milk and butter in a sauce pan, careful not to let it boil and scorch.
- Remove from heat once melted.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked cake.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanuts over the caramel mixture.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Lower temp to 250 and bake for 20 minutes, then bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Let the cake cool before you try to cut it.
- Note: I bought two small packages of caramels in the candy aisle and unwrapped them all before starting.
- Note: I used more than the 1/2 cup of peanuts since I didn't think that was enough!