Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grab the picnic basket, checkered blanket, and some fried chicken! This is the only potato salad that will ever hit my plate.
- 5 -7 idaho potatoes or 7 -8 red potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) jar olives (green)
- 7 -8 green onions
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Boil potatoes in salted water until done.
- If you used Idaho, peel potatoes after cooked and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- If you used red-skinned, leave the skins on and just cube.
- Drain most of the juice from the olives. I like to leave some of the juice because it adds saltiness to the salad.
- Peel and chop eggs and green onions (the original recipe called for regular yellow onions, but I like green better because if you hafe leftovers, the yellow onion is way too strong the next day).
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. I put approximately 1 cup of mayo because every time I make this I put a different amount of mayo, depending on how much potatoes I made, etc. I usually just add a few beg globs of mayo and mix it in and then add more if it needs more.
- Just add enough till it looks like -- well -- Potato Salad!
- Taste and add more salt if needed. You will be surprised at how much salt it needs.
- Eat up!