Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My gram made this for everyone Christmas. She always cooked the eggplant in frying pan with 1/4" of veg oil but I make it with oil cooking spray.
- 1 eggplant, peeled
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- Slice eggplant.
- Spray frying pan.
- Keep spraying cooking spray with every batch of eggplant. I spray both sides of the eggplant.
- Sauté eggplant til tender
- Melt butter in another frying pAn and toast breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper And parm cheese mixture.
- In a loaf pan lay down some mariana sauce
- Then layer eggplant. Then breadcrumb mixture. Then Mariana, keep repeating til all ingredients Are used up. Ending with breadcrumb and Mariana on top. Best if made day before
- Heat in over 325 for 35 minutes.