1/3 Photos of Gougeres French Cheese Puffs
These are wonderful little cheese puff appetizers that are great for parties (or anytime!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Add butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg to 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3When butter melts, reduce the heat to low.
- 4Add flour to saucepan all at once and beat with a wooden spoon over low heat for about a minute until mixture pulls away from sides of the pan.
- 5Remove pan from heat.
- 6Add cheese to pan and beat with wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- 7Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating each into the batter until well mixed before adding the next.
- 8Continue beating mixture until it is smooth, shiny and firm.
- 9Drop batter in small spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 10Beat remaining egg with 1/2 tbsp water, then brush tops of uncooked gougeres with egg wash.
- 11Bake in upper third of the over for 15-20 minutes or until golden and doubled in size.
- 12Remove from oven serve hot or can be served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gougeres French Cheese Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.7
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 400.4 mg
- Sodium 1186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 25.7 g