1/1 Photo of Gougère Bourguignonne (Cheesy Bread-Pastry from Burgundy
Tea Girl's Note:
This is a traditional dish from Burgundy, it is sort of in between a pastry and bread. It is so tasty that you might find it disappearing as soon as it is out of the pan. It is easiest to use a bundt pan if you have one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour 200 ml of water in a saucepan with the salt and butter cut in pieces.
- 2When butter is melted, remove pan from heat, add flour all at once, mix well and put the pan back on the heat.
- 3Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from sides of the pan.
- 4Remove from heat and add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each. Then add the grated cheese.
- 5Preheat the oven to 200 ° Celsius.
- 6Butter a pie pan and spread dough in the shape of a crown.
- 7Cut the cheese into cubes and place them on the dough.
- 8Bake for 45 min, lowering the oven 160 ° C halfway through cooking.
- 9Remove the gougère from oven and let cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gougère Bourguignonne (Cheesy Bread-Pastry from Burgundy
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.3 mg
- Sodium 430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 15.2 g