This is a traditional dish from Burgundy, it is sort of in between a pastry and bread. It is so tasty that you might find it disappearing as soon as it is out of the pan. It is easiest to use a bundt pan if you have one.
- Pour 200 ml of water in a saucepan with the salt and butter cut in pieces.
- When butter is melted, remove pan from heat, add flour all at once, mix well and put the pan back on the heat.
- Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough pulls away from sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each. Then add the grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° Celsius.
- Butter a pie pan and spread dough in the shape of a crown.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and place them on the dough.
- Bake for 45 min, lowering the oven 160 ° C halfway through cooking.
- Remove the gougère from oven and let cool before serving.