Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Inspired by the Parisian style goose fat potatoes. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My favorite way to serve potatoes.
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- dried herbes de provence
- rendered goose fat (for frying)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut each into eight pieces.
- Boil salted water and place potatoes in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Drain water carefully into the sink and in the same pot with a cover on shake the potato pieces up until all the edges are rough looking.
- Add salt and pepper and dried herbes de Provence to the potato pieces. Mince the garlic and parsley and coat the potato pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Heat an oven safe roasting pan or skillet uncovered. You can start on the stove if you have a pan that can handle both oven and stove.
- Add a generous amount of rendered goose fat to the heated pan (about half inch deep when melted should be good).
- Carefully add coated potatoes to the hot oil making sure each piece is turned and coated in goose fat.
- Roast in oven at 425 F for one hour turning the potato pieces every 15 minutes to ensure browning on all sides.
- Remove potato from pan and serve.