Recipe by Abenlen
Strange ingredient list, I know, but it really does work well. I've made this many time for pot lucks and no one has ever guessed how the sauce is made. This is very good, and very kid friendly. Also good made with chicken wings, and even pork ribs.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle French dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into pieces, skin if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Put in a casserole dish and put in oven at 350°F Bake for 30 minutes, then pour off liquid and fat.
- Combine french dressing, cranberry sauce, and soup mix in a small sauce pan. Heat till sauce melts, stirring often. Pour sauce over chicken pieces, cook for another 30 minutes or till done.
- Very good served over rice.