Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A twist on the "warm milk before bed" idea. It works better than any pill, I promise.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 -2 dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute (I like everything sweet, but sugar before bed seems to defeat the purpose) (optional)
- Note: you can also forget the cinnamon and vanilla and simply steep a bag of chamomile tea in your hot milk, delicious and works just as well.
- mix vanilla, cinnamon and Splenda in a large mug.
- pour in milk; stir.
- microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- making sure you are in your most comforatble PJs, sip as you slowly fall asleep.
Great drink before bed! It's really easy to make and takes just a couple of minutes. I added about 3 1/2 tablespoons of the vanilla abstract for a little extra flavor, and the sugar was worth the add, and doesn't defeat the purpose... Looking for something new or just something to calm you down for the night, throw this one together and see what happens!
Mmmm, hits the spot. Perfect for the last thing you drink before falling asleep. (Note: the first time I made this I microwaved it as directed, but I noticed it cooled down too fast. Now I heat it on the stove in a small saucepan, which still doesn't take very much time and it stays hot longer.)