Recipe by Sherrybeth
Quick and easy breakfast dish that I've used for a long time. A friend who owns a B & B gave it to me. FOOTNOTE: Revised 1/22/07 to include size of bread cubes and oven temp--sorry about that Bergy! :)
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for football tag- I agree with Ang's son. "This was the bomb." I have had simialr but more complicated recipes and like this one just fine. Made this for Sunday breakfast. I LOVE that it is in 1 pan and it warmed the kitchen up from the morning chill. It hen warmed the bellies of DS, his gf and myself as we got ready for some football. I used some italian bread made the day before and 8 medium homegrown eggs. (neighbors chickens) I believe this will be a regular for Sunday mornings through the winter. I like the basic recipe and also see that this can be changed out or added to as tastes would like. (helps with the change from the same as well) Next time I will add in some green peppers and onions and maybe swap in some mozzerella cheese blend. Sherry thank you for this recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb sausage, cooked until brown and drained
- 3⁄4 cup cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bread, cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 13 X 9 lightly greased baking dish, place your bread cubes evenly on the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, whip the eggs together with the milk until well beaten.
- Stir in the sausage and cheese and pour over the bread crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- I lightly sprinkle more shredded cheese on top when this comes out of the oven.