Recipe by HealthNutz
Revised from an Alton Brown recipe. Made with some healthier options!
Top Review by pearlyork
I've prepared the Good Eats Granola Bars (which are delicious) and these are far sweeter, using more than twice the sweetener per cup of grains. Since the original version is plenty sweet enough, if not a little too much so, these would make for more of a candy than a granola bar.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup honey or 3⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 300 degrees F.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add honey, dark brown sugar, canola oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Just stir that until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add oat mixture, and chopped dried fruit mix.
- When the mixture is completely mixed and no more liquid seems apparent, move that into a well-oiled 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Allow the bars to cool completely. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, turn out onto a cutting board and cut into 16 squares.