Recipe by 2Bleu
This recipe makes approximately 30 oz total and that will fill about six 5-oz molds.
Top Review by JustMeMelMel
I froze these all summer long for my kids and DH and I. When I ran out of my plastic molds I either used paper cups and popsicle sticks or froze them in ice cube trays, then just wrapped them in a paper towel to hand to the kids or let them eat them in a bowl. Either way they were happy! Great flavor and so refreshing when it's hot and sticky out!
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces milk, cold
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (or shavings)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bittersweet chocolate into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a medium sized pan over medium heat, ad coco powder, heavy cream, and cold milk. Heat to simmer.
- Pour milk mixture over bittersweet chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk gently to combine, then add vanilla and continue whisking till thouroughly mixed.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours. NOTE: A turkey baster will do the trick nicely for filling the molds or you can use a container with a spout, such as a large measuring cup.