Recipe by LAURIE
Tender, steak with a golden crust. I like mine with a spicy sweet dressing like western. try this with pork strips too. From Best Loved Community Recipes.
Top Review by Leta
Laurie, these turned out great! Very tender from the pounding and buttermilk, tasty with the lemon pepper seasoning, and crispy brown with the flour coating. I used a ziplock bag for the flour and just shook the meat strips until coated, then used tongs to shake off the excess and put them in the hot oil. I used my electric fry pan and set the temp on 400 F. I held them on a rack over a baking sheet, and then when the entire batch (I made 3 lbs) was finished I popped them in a pre-heated 400 F oven to warm for about 4 minutes. We served them with a side of green beans for a very tasty dinner. Thanks.
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound steak to 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt.
- Cut into 1 inch strips.
- Place in buttermilk for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and then dredge in flour.
- In large skillet over med heat, heat 2 TBS oil.
- Add 1/2 of the steak strips and brown on both sides.
- About 3-4 minutes.
- Move to paper towels, then transfer to warm plate and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining strips.
- Serve with dipping sauces of your choice.