Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are so easy to make, use any favorite prepared sweet dough recipe for this, you can use store-bought frozen roll dough (thawed according to the package directions) I use my sweet roll dough Kittencal's Sweet Dough for this.
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped pecans (can use less, or use chopped walnuts)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided (no subs!)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (more if needed)
- Set oven to 200 degrees and keep oven on for about 2 minutes then turn oven off (this will create a perfect temperature for rising dough) or you can rise the dough at room temperature if desired.
- Shape the prepared dough into balls (do this after the first rising of your dough).
- Place the dough balls in two 9-inch buttered round cake pans.
- Cover the pans with a clean tea towel; if you are oven-rising place in oven to rise for about 30-45 minutes or until doubled.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the pecans or walnuts with melted butter, raisins, dark brown sugar and apple pie spice.
- Remove the dough balls from the oven and set oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the dough balls.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown; cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the powdered sugar with almond extract and whipping cream (adding in more cream if necessary to achieve desired drizzling consistancy).
- Drizzle the glaze over the rolls.
Can I use nutmeg and graind mace . in this recipe .