Recipe by OceanLuvinGranny
I found this recipe in "EAT" magazine published by Better Homes and Gardens. I am always looking for a different way to make green bean casserole apart from the normal one found on Campbell's soup cans that everyone serves at Thanksgiving. This one is good and you can add extras that are tailored to your family's tastes. I added some low sodium soy sauce to the soup before adding it to the casserole.
Top Review by looneytunesfan
A++++++ I LOVED THIS!!!! I have tried the standard green bean casserole and can never get it to come out right. This came out perfect and very tasty. The chedder cheese brought out the creaminess and made this dish work.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided in half
- 2 cups chinese noodles, divided
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 2 quart casserole, stir together the drained green beans, soup, water chestnuts, soy sauce, 1/2 of the chinese noodles and 1/2 the french fried onions and the cheese.
- Reseerve the other half of onions and crispy noodles for top.
- Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining onions and crispy noodles.
- Bake about 5 minutes more or until heated through and onions on top are just golden.