Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These potatoes are so good. They remind me of the fried potatoes that were on the menu at home several times a week when I was a child. I served these with salmon but they would go well with any kind of simple fish fillets or with breaded pork chops or veal cutlets.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the potatoes and thinly slice.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized frying pan.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 5 minutes to develop the garlic flavour.
- Pour the butter and garlic mixture over the potatoes and gently toss until coated.
- Butter a 10" pie plate or quiche pan.
- Overlap the potatoes in the pie plate to form 2 or 3 layers.
- Drizzle with any butter remaining in the bowl.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and crispy brown on top.
When I was sauteeing the garlic I messed up and let it burn so I tossed that out and melted some butter in the microwave, then added seasonings to it and mixed it with the potatoes. I substituted Creole seasoning for the rosemary and finished as directed. It makes a great dish but I think it would be a good idea to salt and pepper each layer of potatoes. Thanks for posting! Made for Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game.