Prep 13 mins
Cook 18 mins
A real crowd pleaser and penny pincher!
Make and share this Golden Chicken Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 2⁄3 cup chicken (cooked & chopped)
- 12 ounces mixed vegetables (par-cooked)
For the cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Drain and place in flameproof dish with the chopped meat, the vegetables & 1-2tsp. oil.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove from the heat, & gradually stir in the milk.
- Return to heat, bring to the boil, stirring and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the cheese, the mustard, and seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the meat and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and grill/broil quickly until golden and bubbling.