Godiva Chocolate Caramel Dulce De Leche Fondue
Dulce de Leche
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
Chocolate Caramel Cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) bars godiva milk chocolate or 3 (1 1/2 ounce) solid ivory white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh fruit (whole strawberries, banana chunks, peach slices, kiwi chunks, pineapple chunks)
- 1 poundcake, cut into cubes
- godiva milk chocolate pieces
- Make the dulce de leche:.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler. Place over boiling water. Turn heat to low and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk until smooth. Keep warm.
- Make the chocolate caramel cream:.
- Heat sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Cook without stirring until syrup becomes caramel color. Remove from heat and gradually stir in heavy cream.
- Return to heat and stir until syrup is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Break up chocolate and add to cream mixture. Let stand 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in butter and salt.
- To serve: Whisk warm dulce de leche into chocolate caramel cream until smooth. Pour into fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with fruit, pound cake cubes and/or Godiva demitasse pieces. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.