Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from the Guardian Newspaper - yet to try it - but intend to very soon - healthy and something different
- 150 g couscous
- 175 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 200 g firm goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1 pomegranate, seeds of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and cover with the hot stock.
- Set aside for 10 minutes until the grains are tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Mix together the dressing of olive oil, molasses and lime juice.
- Fluff up the couscous using a fork.
- Gently stir through the cheese, pomegranate seeds, herbs and pine nuts.
BEAUTIFUL, absolutely wonderful, flavorful and colorful couscous. Will use this with middle eastern dishes again and again.
This was good, with a lot of interesting and yummy flavors together. I used a lot less of the goat cheese.