Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
From Jewish Holiday Cooking
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 3 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine spinach, cheese, egg, spices and potato starch together.
- Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Wetting hands first, form gnocchi into balls the size of walnuts and drop into boiling water.
- They will fall to bottom. When they rise they are done.
- Just before serving, preheat oven to 350°; sprinkle with butter and Parmesan cheese and heat through.