Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
i made this up one night when I really wanted gnocchi. had almost nothing in the fridge except chicken and gnocchi, so i just bought some pesto sauce, and voila! dinner is ready!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) bag gnocchi
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Place pot of water to boil for gnocchi. Cut the chicken breasts in strips and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, add enough oil to saute the chicken breasts. Once water in pot is boiling, add gnocchi and cook until they float to the top. Remove and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the gnocchi, parmesan cheese and pesto and mix well. (you do not want to add the gnocchi to soon because then it will just fall apart and be mushy -- not so yummy).
- Serve and enjoy.
This was very tasty. I poached the chicken instead of sauteing it. I also added steamed green beans. The whole family loved it!