Recipe by Andrea Dent
I used to get this at a neighborhood Italian restaurant and was miserable when they closed, until I realized how easy it is to make. It goes together quickly and is very filling. Feel free adjust the seasonings to your own taste.
Top Review by CindiJ
This was OK - family thought it was good. Next time I will cut back or omit the cheese and add some cream to the pasta sauce. I have to add though my DGD licked her plate clean. Thanks for posting!
- 1 package frozen potato gnocchi
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 -2 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1 jar your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, crumble and brown sausage until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- In a large, oven-proof casserole dish, combine sausage, gnocchi, pasta sauce, half the cheese and half the Italian seasoning.
- Bake casserole approx. 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.