1 hr 30 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This traditional recipe is from the Ivory Coast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove peel from pineapples; cut peel into 3-inch pieces (reserve pulp for another use). Combine peels and 6 cups water in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
- 2Drain in a colander, reserving 4 cups cooking liquid; press peels to release moisture. Discard peels.
- 3Combine ginger, lemongrass/lemon rind, and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Place ginger mixture on a dampened double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- 4Place cheesecloth bag and 4 cups water in a medium bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Strain reserved pineapple cooking liquid and ginger mixture into a large pitcher; discard cheesecloth bag.
- 5Add sugar; stir well. Chill. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnamacoudji (Gingered Pineapple Juice)
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: