1 hr 30 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This traditional recipe is from the Ivory Coast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove peel from pineapples; cut peel into 3-inch pieces (reserve pulp for another use). Combine peels and 6 cups water in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
- 2Drain in a colander, reserving 4 cups cooking liquid; press peels to release moisture. Discard peels.
- 3Combine ginger, lemongrass/lemon rind, and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Place ginger mixture on a dampened double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- 4Place cheesecloth bag and 4 cups water in a medium bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Strain reserved pineapple cooking liquid and ginger mixture into a large pitcher; discard cheesecloth bag.
- 5Add sugar; stir well. Chill. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnamacoudji (Gingered Pineapple Juice)
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: