Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This traditional recipe is from the Ivory Coast.
Make and share this Gnamacoudji (Gingered Pineapple Juice) recipe from Food.com.
- Remove peel from pineapples; cut peel into 3-inch pieces (reserve pulp for another use). Combine peels and 6 cups water in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, reserving 4 cups cooking liquid; press peels to release moisture. Discard peels.
- Combine ginger, lemongrass/lemon rind, and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Place ginger mixture on a dampened double layer of cheesecloth. Gather edges of cheesecloth together; tie securely.
- Place cheesecloth bag and 4 cups water in a medium bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Strain reserved pineapple cooking liquid and ginger mixture into a large pitcher; discard cheesecloth bag.
- Add sugar; stir well. Chill. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.