Recipe by LARavenscroft
You might wonder why one would make French Toast out of waffles, when you could use bread. The answer from me would be, "Well, along with not being able to eat wheat, I also can't have yeast." When I found this recipe on www.glutenfreeda.com I was super excited. I haven't had French Toast in at least six years since I don't buy gluten free/yeast free bread, because most of them taste like cardboard. This was very good and I will make it again and again.
- 4 frozen gluten-free waffles (I use Van's Wheat Free Waffles)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg beaters)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast waffles until browned and crisp.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, milk & cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt butter.
- Dip waffles in egg batter and place in skillet.
- Cook until browned, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve with butter and syrup.