Recipe by valgal123
This recipe comes from Annalaise Roberts book Gluten Free Baking Classics. This is my favorite recipe from the book. The flavor and texture are perfect. Somtimes i like to put the dough in a rectangle pan, cut the focacia into squares and then slice them like you are layering a cake use for sandwhiches.
- 1⁄2 cup millet flour
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a 8-8'' pan, use rice flour for this. I also put parchment paper on the bottom.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Put the yeast in warm water with a pinch of sugar and let sit for 5 minutes or so. Then add the oil and add the wet ingredients to the dry, mix just until blended.
- Then mix with mixer on high for 2 minutes.
- Spoon dough into pan. Cover and let double in size, about 40-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 with rack in lower third of oven (i have forgotten to position the oven racks before and it still turned out fine).
- When dough has doubled in size, sprinkle with olive oil and brush across dough. Sprinkle with rosemerry and sea salt.
- Bake 20 minutes, should be light brown. Cool in pan 15 minutes and then enjoy.