Recipe by addicted2creating
For all you lean muscle building people (or moms trying to sneak some health food by your kids), and on a gluten-free diet, these are a must have staple. These are NOT regular oatmeal cookies, they are the best "health food" cookie I've ever had though. They beat a packaged protein bar by leaps and bounds, and they're budget-friendly as well!
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats (Bob's Red Mill makes some)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (make sure it is gluten-free, I used Spirutein Vanilla Whey)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cinnamon, depending on your taste (it helps stabilize your blood sugar)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (more if you like them really sweet) or 1⁄3 cup honey (more if you like them really sweet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together. The mixture should be like sticky cookie dough, not crumbly (add more milk if too dry and more protein powder if too wet). Drop by spoonfuls (about 1 1/2 tbsp/cookie) onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.