Recipe by LARavenscroft
We really like hoisin sauce in our Chinese food, but because of multiple food allergies, buying jarred hoisin sauce it out. I came up with the recipe after combining a few that I found on line. It's pretty close to the real thing and is not as thick as regular hoisin sauce, but you get the taste. I use the whole recipe along with one cup of chicken broth as a sauce for stir fry.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (La Choy is GF)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper