- 5 extra large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla, or
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry. In separate bowl, beat yolks until thick and lemon colored. Sift cocoa, sugar and salt. Gradually beat dry mixture into yolks. Add vanilla or almond extract. Fold yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Line jelly roll pan with Reyolds Release foil. Spray foil with PAM. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Allow cake to cook. Spread Cool Whip or softened ice cream on cake. Use the foil to roll the cake. Peel foil from cake as you roll. Cake may then be refrigerated or frozen.