Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A creamy, cheesy comfort dish with lots of potatoes and ham. It's a great way to use leftover ham.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped in chunks and cooked till fork tender
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups ham, cubed
- In sauce pan heat soup and butter until melted.
- Add all the rest of ingredients except 1/2 to 1 cup of the cheese (personal taste), mix until well combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let sit uncovered for 15-20 minutes (to allow sauce to thicken).
- Serve and enjoy!
Cheesy, creamy and delicious. I lightened it up by using light sour cream and for the soup, I used Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream using skim milk. It still was great! Thanx for sharing this one!
Big hit with my DH :) He loves anything with potatoes. I used Cream Of Mushroom Soup in place of the store brought soup and I only used 1c sour cream. Turned out delicious! Thanks for sharing
This recipe had the most wonderful flavor! Since my husband doesn't eat sour cream, I substituted creme fraiche for it. I also added in a small amount of smoked sausage that I needed to use up. I cooked the sausage first to get most of the grease out before adding it in. The sauce was wonderful and we totally enjoyed this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it!