Recipe by COOKGIRl
I have not tried this particular recipe but reading the ingredients' list why wouldn't I post it here? Use as a topping for grilled vegetables, a burger condiment, (I'm dreaming of this on scrambled eggs...) ad infinitum... Be creative! Source: The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen.
- 1⁄2 cup diced canned tomato, undrained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cognac or 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock or 1 tablespoon water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a small, non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool the mixture slightly.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Or use a hand held immersion blender to puree.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Can be served warm, cold or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.