Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a good cookbook called "A Chicken in Every Pot" and I'm sure I will use it for many things! You can rub it on a whole chicken or turkey before roasting, or season chicken pieces before sauteing or grilling. This seasoning is even good on vegetables or steamed rice!
- 3 tablespoons freeze dried chives
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grind all ingredients with a mortar and pestle or throw in your food processor until powdery. Store tightly sealed. The fresher the dried herbs, the longer the mix will keep its full flavor, but plan on about 3 months.
I have been making this seasoning for some time now. It's great in so many dishes. I make it in bulk (substituting Cups for Tablespoons)and combine it, in batches, in my food processor since I keep both my daughters stocked with it also. The only change I make is to increase the amount of Salt from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon. Personal preference. It is a MUST for my spice cabinet. Thanks for sharing it.