- 2 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch rounds
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all squash into a medium sized pot with water and vinegar, over medium high heat. Bring just to a boil; cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover; add oregano and raise heat to medium high. Allow water to boil away, and the vinegar to reduce to a glaze for the squash, app. 5-7 minutes. When glazed to a rich brown color, add the butter.
- Turn squash to coat with butter; season with salt and pepper. Serve.