Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in one of our local weekly newspapers, and my friends and family love it!
- 2 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch rounds
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Place all squash into a medium sized pot with water and vinegar, over medium high heat. Bring just to a boil; cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover; add oregano and raise heat to medium high. Allow water to boil away, and the vinegar to reduce to a glaze for the squash, app. 5-7 minutes. When glazed to a rich brown color, add the butter.
- Turn squash to coat with butter; season with salt and pepper. Serve.
This was a different and nice way to enjoy squash. I liked the balsamic vinegar, but would probably leave the butter out next time. Thanks! Made for Zaar Stars.
We enjoy these vegetables & use them in salads & soup, so I appreciated this new way to serve them ~ VERY, VERY NICE, & something I'll make again, this time for my veggie son & DIL! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Gimme 5 tag game]
I liked that at first bite you tasted the sweetness of the vinegar then came the tart flavor as it reached the back of your mouth. This was very good and I think it might go well with a beef or a pork roast. Thank you for posting. I made this for the 1-2-3 Hit Wonders game 2007