Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The spices give this a great flavor. Makes a great appetizer for parties, but is also a quick and easy dinner dish.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup cider
- 2 lbs smoked link sausage (can use cocktail size if preferred)
- In large frying pan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and seasonings.
- Stir in apple juice and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Cut sausages in chunks and add to glaze mixture, turning to coat with glaze.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until sausages are heated thoroughly.
This is very easy to put together and it tastes great. I made it for dinner served over rice and my family loved it. I also took a triple recipe in a crock pot to a pot luck dinner....it was the first thing gone! When I am short apple juice I use apple/white grape juice from my kids' juice boxes....works just fine. I have also used turkey keilbasa. A go-to for when time is short (the sausage can be defrosted in 10 min. in warm water).
Combined apple juice, cinnamon, and brown sugar in crock pot, set to hi for an hour, added cornstarch to thicken and then sausage, set to low 3-4 hours. Delicious!!! Will make smoked sausage like this more often! (I did not have nutmeg or cloves.)
This was easy and tasty. I served it with "Twiced Baked Potato Skins". Will be making this again.