Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From A Southerly Course by Martha goose Hall
Make and share this Glazed Rutabagas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut not 1/2 inch dice (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put rutabaga in a large skillet and add enough d]salted water to cover. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Drain off water and add the brown sugar, vinegar, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 12 minutes, or until the rutabaga is very tender and the butter starts to brown. Serve warm.
I like rutabagas but I think this recipe would have been better without the cider vinegar. Thanks Brookelynne. Made for cookbook tag game