Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
When company comes, I want to serve something delicious and quick because there is nothing more horrible than spending your "visiting time" in the kitchen. Most of this dish can be prepared ahead of time and when your company gets there, finished in under 30 minutes. That will give you time to say your hellos, show them where the bathroom is, and have a drink or two, if you want.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package herb & butter Rice-A-Roni
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cornish hens, split in halves or 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) quartered whole chickens
- 1⁄3 cup apricots or 1⁄3 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare RICE-A-RONI® mix as package directs. Add frozen green beans and pepper with Special Seasonings.
- Spoon rice mixture into 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish; top with hen halves. Bake 30 minutes.
- Dish may be prepared up to this point. Turn the oven to warm, cover the dish with foil, and leave in the oven until guests arrive.
- When guests arrive, combine preserves and mustard; brush hens with preserve mixture. Continue baking 15 to 25 minutes or until hens are no longer pink inside and glaze is golden brown.