Recipe by Chef mariajane
Chipotle pepper sauce add a subtle, smokey flavor without adding too much heat - so good!!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 (250 ml) jarsmucker's pure apricot jam
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to high. Grease broiler pan and line bottom tray with foil. Toss chicken wings with seasoning mix and place on prepared pan. Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl. Set aside half of glaze for dipping sauce and use remaining on partially cooked chicken.
- Meanwhile, broil seasoned wings for 5 minutes. Turn and broil 5-7 minutes longer, or until almost cooked through.
- Remove from oven and brush with glaze. Return to oven and cook another 2 minutes.
- Turn wings over, brush with glaze, continue cooking and brushing , every minute or so , until juices are clear and chicken is no longer pink inside. Discard any leftover glaze that was used on raw chicken and serve remaining glaze as a dip.