Recipe by oharaj5
Brings me right back to the Atlantis in the Bahamas. "Tastes like a minty lemonade!"
Top Review by NorthwestGal
As written, I thought it was a very good cocktail but not the best Mojito I've ever had (it was lacking in lime flavor). But once I added some fresh lime juice, it was THE perfect Mojito. I have saved this recipe to my main cookbook, to which I have added a private note to add at least 2 tablespoons of lime juice and plenty of mint leaves.
Directions See How It's Made
- SIMPLE SYRUP: Bring 1 cup water 1 cup sugar to a boil and let cool.
- MOJITO: Pour 1 shot of rum and 1 shot of simple sugar into a tall glass.
- Cut lime and drop 2 slices into glass.
- Add mint leaves and grind in glass to combine flavors.
- Pour about 8 oz of club soda into the glass and stir.
- Garnish with lime on rim and enjoy!
- *Easy pitcher drink also.
- (Note: can use lime juice or a drop of mint extract instead).