Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ginger and rosemary give zing to mild-tasting chicken breasts. From Atkins web site.
Make and share this Gingery Grilled Chicken and Peaches (Low Carb) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons granular sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium ripe peaches, halved (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces (or mesclun mix, 6 cups loosely packed)
- 1 cup mild goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine vinegar, ginger, rosemary, sugar substitute, pepper flakes and salt in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil in a steady stream until dressing thickens.
- Brush chicken with 1 tablespoons of dressing and let marinate for 1 hour. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high after 50 minutes of marinating.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time, until just cooked through. Remove chicken from grill and place on a platter to rest.
- Place peaches, cut-side down, on grill for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Cut chicken on the diagonal into 1/3-inch thick slices.
- Cut each peach half into 4 slices.
- Toss greens with remaining dressing and divide on four plates.
- Top each salad with one-fourth of the chicken slices and one-fourth of the peach slices. Sprinkle with cheese.