Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
(This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
Make and share this Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, molasses, oil, and ginger.
- Stir together gently until just mixed.
- Scoop spoon-sized portions onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Amazing! We used only whole wheat flour, substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil, used 1/2 cup pure maple syrup + 1/4 cup honey, and used ginger puree. Thanks for the recipe!
Yummy! I'm always on the lookout for dairy free recipes for my small children and these cookies came out wonderfully. We're not vegan but we are trying to avoid HFCS so I used pure honey instead of maple syrup, with extra virgin coconut oil and white whole wheat flour. Since they are for the kids I made them small and it yielded just over two dozen cookies. A little crispy on the outside and soft inside.
Very tasty! I was a little skeptical of the recipe not having any eggs in it (I am not a vegan), but they came out delicious! I used half whole wheat flour and coconut oil. I also used a tablespoon of dried ground ginger since I didn't have enough fresh. I made the cookies small and it made about a dozen. The dough is easier to work with if chilled in the refridgerator or freezer first.