Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
As a child, I remember mom making this and it's absolutely fantastic! It's also a great summer salad - light, cool, and refreshing.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained. If desired, a little bit of this liquid can be put into the jello mix. Just balance the oth
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Make Jello according to package directions, and use a little less (1-2 tbsp) water.
- Add mayonnaise and vinegar and mix well with beaters.
- Put in a covered dish and refrigerate.
- When the Jello begins to jell, fold in cottage cheese and pineapple.
I Liked this recipe.It was kinda hum drumb and lacked something until I added some Plain Yogurt. But it might just have been me. Tastes need to be more pronounced for me because of a problem I have from working in a laundry a long long time ago. With my addition I loved the recipe. It is nice to have a jello recipe that is not overly sweet.
My Mom was just telling me about this recipe and I didn't remember it from childhood. I was going to post it, but here it is! My Mom said it's nice to serve for brunch or for a luncheon. One of my Mom's Omaha friends gave this to her in the early 1960's. Thanks for posting!
My mom used to make this, too, although she doesn't remember the exact measurements. I've made a similar recipe before and it was too firm. This texture was perfect and I liked the addition of cider vinegar. It gives a slight extra tang to the flavors. My mom didn't use pineapple, but I did include some tidbits and it does brighten the taste, too. Thanks so much for posting. I'd looked before and couldn't find one like it. Roxygirl