Recipe by thepurpleturtle
My friend Wendy gave me this recipe a few years ago when I was sick. Try it, it really works! Warning: I think I should probably prepare you up front, the heat of the cayenne and the strength of the garlic can kind of burn going down!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
You definitely don't drink this for fun, but it is very effective! I didn't have a cold, but I do like ginger tea, so bearing in mind previous viewers comments, I gave it a go, and actually, I liked it! I offered some to my son as well, and he drank some, as long as you KNOW it's going to have a bite, you'll be fine! You might not want to drink a pot of it, but it's a good pick-me-up, I felt quite energised after drinking it, and my sinuses were definitely flowing clearly in the evening! I think it's a good tonic, thank you, Babzy. I might add that I was cautious with the cayenne, I did add the right amount but was careful not to overdo it! Made for ZWT5
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more to taste)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put grated ginger and water in a pot and bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and add 2 Tbsps of fresh lemon juice, honey to taste and garlic.
- Let cool slightly and strain before drinking.