Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Light & Tasty. I haven't made this yet, but it looked tasty and fresh.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cucumber, carrots, and parsley in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slottd spoon.
I really like this one and my very picky husband did too, I added chives, onions and celerey,,made it 3 times so far, thanks for posting Halcyon Eve.
Since I like fresh veggies, this was certainly edible. But there was no taste at all to us. I detected the least bit of ginger, though my husband found no taste. I love the idea of this recipe but it would need a lot more sauce to make this something we'd repeat. Thanks for a healthy one to try, though!
this is a nice crunchy salad. i couldn't find white balsamic vinegar, so i subbed half regular balsamic and half white wine vinegar. the flavors weren't as bold as i expected. next time i will add even more ginger. and don't leave out the parsley! you definitely taste it in this salad. a longer chilling time improves the flavor. i had the leftovers the next day for lunch and enjoyed them.