1/3 Photos of Gingered Beef Vegetable Stew
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I found this Asian flavoured stew on MSN recipes and modified it more to our tastes. It is great served with rice or just with some bread sticks or fresh bread to mop up the wonderful gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 large green pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1In large saucepan or Dutch oven brown beef.
- 2Stir in first listed amount of water, onion, dry sherry, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is nearly tender.
- 4Stir in broccoli, carrots, peppers and water chestnuts. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 5Stir together the last remaining amount of water and cornstarch and stir into dish. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Beef Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.4
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 715.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 33.8 g