Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a nice way to prepare asparagus for a nice change of pace. From the cookbook Delicious Ways to Control Diabetes.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Cut spears into 2-inch pieces.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add asparagus, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper.
- Saute 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- To serve, transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with orange rind.
I loved this delicious low fat recipe! Full of flavor and really quick to make. The only thing I'd change is to throw the tips in a bit later than the rest of the asparagus. As made, I just pulled them out sooner! Didn't use the orange zest....just not a fan of it. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!