- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange squash halves cut side up in a shallow baking dish. Place one tablespoon of orange juice into each cavity.
- Sprinkle each one with ginger and nutmeg. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60 to 90 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the squash is tender. Baking time will depend on the size of the squash.
- Remove from the oven, discard aluminum foil, and let the squash rest for 5 minutes before serving to let the juices settle.