Recipe by Eris
From Kraft. This recipe seems to be unique because it uses butterscotch-flavored instant pudding.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar, dry pudding mix, and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients and gradually add to pudding mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into gingerbread shapes with 4-inch cookie cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Use a straw to make a hole near the top of each cookie for hanging.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Decorate as desired.