Recipe by Sue Lau
Perfect for a winter warm-up.
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
I was looking for something as described "perfect for a winter warm up" as we just had a foot of snow dumped on us. This was just what I needed. The only change I made was that I don't like the flavored syrups as they're huge in sugar, so I used pumpkin pie spice (which is essentially the same as gingerbread flavor) I had in the cupboard. I mixed it in with my frothed milk, made the rest of my latte as prescribed and wallah, one deLICIOUS Latte! Thank you Sue for this lovely drink on such a cold and blizzardy (?!) mornin'! LA
- 1⁄2-1 fluid ounce gingerbread-flavored syrup (I used Monin)
- 4 ounces espresso
- 4 -5 fluid ounces steamed milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons frothed milk or 2 -3 tablespoons whipped cream (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure syrup into serving mug or cup.
- Brew espresso, and steam the milk, producing a small amount of frothed milk, or crema.
- Add espresso to mug or cup, then steamed milk, and top with froth/crema (or whipped cream, if desired).
- Sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon and serve.