Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Got leftover gingerbread cookies you need to use up? No ice cream maker needed. If you use the full amount of ginger, it can have a bit of a spicy aftertaste, so go easy on the ginger if you are serving to kids or just for a milder flavor.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground ginger (to taste)
- 8 gingerbread cookies, broken into small pieces (Pepperidge Farm Gingermen or gingersnaps)
- Stir the ice cream very well so that it is soft enough to stir in the ginger and molasses to incorporate throughout the ice cream.
- If you like to see pretty swirls in your ice cream, mix in the ginger well first, adding only as much to taste as you prefer, then blend in most of the molasses. Then add the remaining molasses, and just swirl it around so it doesn't blend completely, leaving pretty lines of dark gooey yumminess throughout.
- Fold in the cookie crumbles.
- Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.