24 hrs 10 mins
Chef burnt toast's Note:
I got this recipe from a neighbour of mine. It is the best gingerbread recipe I've found and I will only be using this one from now on. We live in Canada.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, spices and salt.
- 2in a large bowl, cream the shortening and brown sugar.
- 3Dissolve the baking soda in the warm water and add to the creamed mixture, beating until smooth. Beat in the molasses.
- 4Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- 5Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 7On a floured surface roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- 8Using 1 3/4 inch round cookie cutters (or whatever you want to use) cut out cookies and place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 10 to 12 minutes until dry looking and firm to the touch.
- 10Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 11Decorate with frosting if desired.
- 12Number of cookies depends on size of cutters -- this makes a lot.
- 13Prep time includes chiling time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Cookies (Large Batch)
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g