Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Very simple and yummy - great on a cheese platter and with mulled wine, or even plain, good red wine. One of my holiday favourites!
- 500 g gingerbread dough
- 125 g blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 175°C Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough in two parts and roll each part out into a 20 x 25 cm square. Brush off any excess flour from the dough.
- Crumble blue cheese evenly on top of the dough.
- Roll up, starting from the longer side of the square. Brush off excess flour, if any.
- Cut the roll with a sharp knife into scant 1 cm slices. (Form back into rounds if the slices flatten when you cut them.).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the sheet.
- Serve on the same day or freeze.
These are unusual, sophisticated, and delicious! I normally would make a scratch gingerbread dough, but pressed for time, I used a Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake & Cookie Mix which helped me make these quickly. Thanks, stormylee! Made for PAC Fall 2009.