Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is more of a technique than a recipe. If you have trouble finding fresh ginger, if it goes bad before you use it all or if you just fancy having a lovely ginger-flavoured sherry to cook with then this is for you. For this recipe you want a fino sherry, not any of the sweeter or aged kinds.
- Cut the ginger into 2-3 pieces of a few inches each.
- Use a spoon to scrape the peel off the ginger.
- You can also do this as you pull out pieces of ginger to cook with but I find it easier to do beforehand.
- Put the ginger and sherry in a non-metallic container with a tight cover.
- Store in the fridge for up to three months.
- You can use the sherry for cooking and top it up as required.
This works really well. Does great things to the sherry too!
This works great...recipe? Yes A recipe for successful storage...& the Sherry is a nice addition to lotsa recipes....Thanks